Joumee The Hedgehog

Joumee The Hedgehog

View Stats:
So... I can't make any progression?
So, I got this game for free from Gamecode, and it's actually pretty neat.

Usually I just leave the games I get for free to gather dust in my library, but this one perked my interest.

But the problem is that I keep having to reset my coins to get hearts. Over and over again.

Is this what has to be done, or is there something I'm missing?

I'd love to put some more time into this game, but the hearts system as I understand it is flawed and serves no purpose.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Nov 30, 2018 @ 12:14am 
Originally posted by (R) RiN:
So, I got this game for free from Gamecode, and it's actually pretty neat.

Usually I just leave the games I get for free to gather dust in my library, but this one perked my interest.

Thanks a lot! We really appreciate your words! It will become even better in it's final release state.

Originally posted by (R) RiN:
But the problem is that I keep having to reset my coins to get hearts. Over and over again.

Is this what has to be done, or is there something I'm missing?

Yes you're given only three Hearts (Lives) at the beginning to start with. So it's better to consider collecting coins and spending them on some extra hearts which in its turn will allow you to stay longer in game, therefore enabling you to get to the higher scores in the leaderboard!

You can buy additional Hearts in the shop (for In-Game Coins - no real money involved), as well as longer lasting Magnets and Shields! It's just a matter of experience!

Beware that you have only three extra jumps, so spend them wisely - don't jump without any need.

The longer you press the jump button - the higher and longer you are in the air, and vice versa - the faster you release the Jump button - the lower and shorter is you jump. Long jumps are great for jumping over large areas and when there is no dangerous objects like Lava Rocks you may smash into. In this case - short and low jumps are the most handy ones! Hope it helps and thank you once again for the feedback!
Originally posted by Stellaricon:
Originally posted by (R) RiN:
So, I got this game for free from Gamecode, and it's actually pretty neat.

Usually I just leave the games I get for free to gather dust in my library, but this one perked my interest.

Thanks a lot! We really appreciate your words! It will become even better in it's final release state.

Originally posted by (R) RiN:
But the problem is that I keep having to reset my coins to get hearts. Over and over again.

Is this what has to be done, or is there something I'm missing?

Yes you're given only three Hearts (Lives) at the beginning to start with. So it's better to consider collecting coins and spending them on some extra hearts which in its turn will allow you to stay longer in game, therefore enabling you to get to the higher scores in the leaderboard!

You can buy additional Hearts in the shop (for In-Game Coins - no real money involved), as well as longer lasting Magnets and Shields! It's just a matter of experience!

Beware that you have only three extra jumps, so spend them wisely - don't jump without any need.

The longer you press the jump button - the higher and longer you are in the air, and vice versa - the faster you release the Jump button - the lower and shorter is you jump. Long jumps are great for jumping over large areas and when there is no dangerous objects like Lava Rocks you may smash into. In this case - short and low jumps are the most handy ones! Hope it helps and thank you once again for the feedback!

Thanks for the tips, but I had them already figured out...

Since I doubt you'll remove the lives system, I'd at least recommend you to reduce the cost of the 3 lives package.

Maybe 100 coins as opposed to 300 coins for 3 lives would be better?
Nov 30, 2018 @ 7:09am 
Since I doubt you'll remove the lives system, I'd at least recommend you to reduce the cost of the 3 lives package.

Maybe 100 coins as opposed to 300 coins for 3 lives would be better?

It's very possible that we may change this actually. We'll see :) Thanks a lot for the feedback, we really appreciate it! If you have anything else to report/offer we're always open to discussions!

Best,
Joumee Dev Team

Originally posted by (R) RiN:
So, I got this game for free from Gamecode, and it's actually pretty neat.

Usually I just leave the games I get for free to gather dust in my library, but this one perked my interest.

But the problem is that I keep having to reset my coins to get hearts. Over and over again.

Is this what has to be done, or is there something I'm missing?

I'd love to put some more time into this game, but the hearts system as I understand it is flawed and serves no purpose.

Yeah same here. I have played 3 hours and never managed to gather more than 230 coins in one run, which made it impossible for me to buy any heart or anything to extend my run.
That's all the time I'm prepare to spend on this game. Very glad I didn't pay for it.
I played for a while and won 300 coins, I paused the game to go to the store, I bought 3 hearts, but when I wanted to resume my game where it was the game started again from the beginning and I lost all my points.

In another part, I kept my coins until I lost all my hearts, I bought 3 hearts before starting a game again but instead of starting with 6 hearts I started with 3. I don’t understand your system at all, It is not clear.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50