TrackMania United Forever

TrackMania United Forever

Is this game legit better than TM2020?
Like I don't wanna pay 20€ per year. That is just ridiculous. Mainly because I'd rather play World of Warcraft and Foxhole and other games than just TrackMania. And you know well if I start paying the subscription for WoW I will only play that game.

So is United Forever still the best TrackMania? Why play TM2020? It's a subscription racing game. lol
Originally posted by sleier1995@rosamonte.com.ar:
I like the extra environments in TMUF vs TM2020, especially since TM2020 has very few community-made entirely alt-car maps vs TMUF
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
I like the extra environments in TMUF vs TM2020, especially since TM2020 has very few community-made entirely alt-car maps vs TMUF
Originally posted by sleier1995@rosamonte.com.ar:
I like the extra environments in TMUF vs TM2020, especially since TM2020 has very few community-made entirely alt-car maps vs TMUF
I don't like the artstyle of TM2020. But I've never played it. The subscription turns me off. For a racing game... xD
While I don´t mind paying 20€ too much to access TM2020 for a year, I still wouldn´t recommend it over other TM games, at least not to TM beginners.

For starters, I think 2020 just is too much to learn how to drive it. And that´s already with just driving a simple-ish Track with the Stadium car. You have a crazy amount of Surfaces that behave different depending on if your tires are dry, icy or wet. Then add the Reactor stuff and modifiers like Fragile into the mix. Then add the Alt-Cars on top of that it becomes a real mess, and easy to see why the Alt-Cars aren´t exactly popular.

One might say that TMUF is similarly intimidating with having to learn 7 different Vehicles, but I´d argue it is really easier because of it. Each vehicle has distinct handling model and a limited amount of Track Surfaces available to them. As an example, you know that the Snow Car is the only one that will ever encounter Ice surfaces in TMUF while in 2020 all Vehicles have to potentially deal with that.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50