TrackMania United Forever

TrackMania United Forever

Do you prefer United Forever or TM2020?
I don't like the subscription and the graphics of TM2020 but I wonder what will happen to United Forever if they decide not to host servers anymore. What do you think how long will this game last?
Originally posted by Josh:
I was disappointed in TM2020 Premium, I will not be renewing the subscription. The premium servers are all empty since barely anyone owns premium. The only populated servers are the free ones and if I'm only playing free servers then the subscription was pointless. It's way more worthwhile to buy TMUF for $15 instead.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
We'd probably use TMX as the leaderboards then. Some probably do already, considering TMX checks for the competition patch. Online wise, I don't know how many people would care. I don't know of major comps that still use TMUF. Some are on TM2 and most are on 2020.
Originally posted by BitUniverse:
We'd probably use TMX as the leaderboards then. Some probably do already, considering TMX checks for the competition patch. Online wise, I don't know how many people would care. I don't know of major comps that still use TMUF. Some are on TM2 and most are on 2020.
Why didn't all just stay on TMUF? I don't want to pay every year just to get new maps. TMUF also looks better than the new one.
The map editor was the biggest one for the Christmas Cup to move. Other groups like the Smurfs already had stuff going on in TM2, and TMUF slowly fell off to the side. This happens in games. I bet it's been somewhat the same with the CS games. People just slowly move on.

However, the single player aspects are still going strong. The time trial scene seems to still be hot, the Competition Patch still gets updates, and modding the old TM games has been popping off a bit. TAS is also only on TMUF because times aren't uploaded automatically like TM2 and TM2020.
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
I was disappointed in TM2020 Premium, I will not be renewing the subscription. The premium servers are all empty since barely anyone owns premium. The only populated servers are the free ones and if I'm only playing free servers then the subscription was pointless. It's way more worthwhile to buy TMUF for $15 instead.
100% TMUF over TM2020. I couldn't even play the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ DAILY TRACK without paying a subscription. definitely worth the 1 time purchase of TMUF over a yearly subscription of maybe $25.
TMUF for me .. But u should really be including TMNF as its the only game witrh consistant users imo
Originally posted by GCandy77:
TMUF for me .. But u should really be including TMNF as its the only game witrh consistant users imo
United Forever is the same as Nations Forever but United Forever is the better version...
Your correct it is but when u only play the TMF servers cos all others have 1-3 peeps on it max ... u may as well inc TMUF too ;D
Don't forget TM2 is a thing too.
I would prefer UF and Mania Planet
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50