STAR WARS™ Episode I Racer

STAR WARS™ Episode I Racer

Don't Buy On Steam
Spare yourself the headache and buy this classic on GOG.
I bought it here first and after hours of suggested workarounds - nothing worked. Could not get is running at all. I refunded and tried my luck with GOG (they usually are quite good with old games) and worked like a charm. Only thing I had to do is setting game resolution to match desktop resolution, rebooted and it works.
Joystick support is there (but I have non) and Controller support seems not to exist but I can life with that.

Steam usually just sales classic games in an unoptimised state for current systems and let the users deal with it. So I recommend everyone who loves the classics not to buy on Steam. For old games GOG is the way to go.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Wasn't working for me a while ago on steam... now it does.
So what happened in between no idea, I did setup the resolution on steam to my monitor one and no problem.
I agree it was a real process. I had to click install...wait...then click play...pure madness....steam is a real hassle.
Originally posted by Cuponoodle:
I agree it was a real process. I had to click install...wait...then click play...pure madness....steam is a real hassle.

Well.. good.. for.. you..

But there are plenty people on this platform that have problems with it.
Originally posted by DEUS VULT:
Originally posted by Cuponoodle:
I agree it was a real process. I had to click install...wait...then click play...pure madness....steam is a real hassle.

Well.. good.. for.. you..

But there are plenty people on this platform that have problems with it.

Well I did , now it works perfectly so... Als your play time is 3 minutes before refund so I4m not sure you tried to troubleshoot the problem on your side enough :/
Playtime has hardly a chance to go up when the game crashes immediately or doesn't even start at all.
I just found out that Aspyr released a remaster of sorts of Star War Episode 1: Racer on PS4 and Xbox One in June 2020 but it was never released for PC for some reason which is odd considering their other ports have.

Rather than mess around with the PC version I've just bought this from the PlayStation Store for £11.99 today to play on my PS5 Pro as it works without all the hassle required to get the PC version up to the same level.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50