STAR WARS™ Episode I Racer

STAR WARS™ Episode I Racer

Force Feedback? (Also anyway to mod in higher resolutions?)
Greetings podracers! I'm one of the few whom picked up the switch version and awaited for a sale for the OG PC release. If i'm not mistaken? Didn't it have some decent mod support over here?

That's not really even a gripe for me at the minute but more a curiosity. I'm actually just trying to wrap my head around controls right now.

I own a Trueforce G293. Have it modded too with a new GT3 styled wheel and carbon fiber shift paddles. Now usually this is just reserved for Sim Racing games but has anyone tried it out in this game yet? Is it worth taking 20 minutes to set up? or totally unplayable for modern hardware?

The most pressing issue though would be to break beyond the 1080p limitations of the launcher. I'm positive there's probably some ini files i can manually add in 3840x2160 but i'd just like to have this title at my monitors native screen resolution is all.

Another title to give me bother with this was MGS Rising from back in 2012. Someone hacked the hedgehog mod engine to get it working with that title and now you can enjoy 4K 120fps MGS Rising on a mid spec computer now. I was really hoping there might be an easy fix in place for my resolution needs.

Speaking of resolutions. I hope everyone has a Happy New Year into 2026! I will happily reward any comments that address any of my concerns with points to claim back. It'd be pretty funny to use a racing wheel with this but i can't help but think i'd probably be best with either a PS5 or Series X controller as the FFB probably doesn't even work with modern wheels if i was to guess.

All the best! :dsdcsmile:
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Check out "StixsworldHD's HD-4K Experience" for graphics tweaks including higher resolutions.

https://www.nexusmods.com/games/starwarsepisode1racer/mods?categoryName=Miscellaneous
Also, I've no idea about steering wheels, but my Thrustmaster HOTAS works great :)
I confirm the game worked with its full FFB effects on my FFB Joystick. It is important that, whatever device you use, it is the only device your Windows sees. No further USB devices can be present in order to load into the game (at least for me).

But FFB rocks here!
Originally posted by Spelljammer:
I confirm the game worked with its full FFB effects on my FFB Joystick. It is important that, whatever device you use, it is the only device your Windows sees. No further USB devices can be present in order to load into the game (at least for me).

But FFB rocks here!

Which joystick do you use with full FFB? I have the MS FFB2, how do you enable the force effects? the joystick itself works but no FFB..

nevermind it is fixed by a clean install. I guess dinput.dll disables the force.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50