Prototype

Prototype

Prototype 1 and 2 work perfectly out of the box now (March 19th, 2026]
I just wanted to let you know that both Prototype games run perfectly without any mods or system tweaks. I have an RTX 5070 Ti, an Intel Ultra 9 processor, and Windows 11, playing on an OLED 120Hz LG TV with Xbox One Controller. I just bought both games, and they’re both running perfectly now.

Prototype 1 doesn’t seem to have cloud saves, but Prototype 2 does. I did have to limit the frame rate to 60fps via the NVIDIA Control Panel, though, to keep them running smoothly. At 120Hz, there was some weird stuttering.

Wonderful—I was already planning to get the PS4 or Xbox 360 versions because I’d heard everywhere that the Steam versions wouldn’t run without tweaks or mods.
Luckily, I took the risk and bought the Steam versions. I can't wait to experience these two gems again.

Have fun, everyone!
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Yes. I was expecting to have to do a lot of fixes on my end, especially for Prototype 1, but both games run perfectly for me. RTX 3070, i9 processor, Windows 10. 1920x1080 resolution at 60 FPS.
Originally posted by juicebitch:
Yes. I was expecting to have to do a lot of fixes on my end, especially for Prototype 1, but both games run perfectly for me. RTX 3070, i9 processor, Windows 10. 1920x1080 resolution at 60 FPS.
How did you set your resolution that high?
Originally posted by Bone:
Originally posted by juicebitch:
Yes. I was expecting to have to do a lot of fixes on my end, especially for Prototype 1, but both games run perfectly for me. RTX 3070, i9 processor, Windows 10. 1920x1080 resolution at 60 FPS.
How did you set your resolution that high?
He probably used PrototypeFix
https://www.nexusmods.com/prototype/mods/52
But you can also edit the config files, I believe.
If someone doesn't have sound, do not use dolby atmos but only "normal" audio setup...
Before i didn't have any problems with game. But now i just have infinity loading and even with fix it just getting worse
Last time I tried Prototype (1) I had to use the CPU fix.
start /affinity 0x0000000000000003 YourExecuteable.exe
doesn't work for me
Lol I can't even see a 1920 x 1080 resolution in settings. The fps is low too.
im stuck in 2009 publisher thing
Is there a way to fix no english letters?
Because it shows white squares which glitch.
Im on linux so proton makes every old game work for me!!
Prototype is amazingly optimize so even runs on new devices and os
Originally posted by JIIINGJING:
Im on linux so proton makes every old game work for me!!
Prototype is amazingly optimize so even runs on new devices and os

I am somehow happy someone likes the game so much.

Prototype 2 was good (if you don't think about the ♥♥♥♥♥♥ nearly unbeatable end boss) but Prototype (1) was just so much better! Here, some more: !!!!1111!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!

You can feel like a little god while traversing the city, right?
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50