HelixVision

HelixVision

Will settings profiles exist?
Just wondering if we will be able to or currently create a profile per game basis or at least make multiple profiles to save the screen size and distance, I cannot seem to make a 'one size fits all'.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Jan 13, 2021 @ 6:16pm 
Please tell us more about your use cases here.

We don't presently have any plans to add different profiles for this, but it would not be out of the question to create something like this.

We automatically save and restore your depth+convergence settings on a per-game basis. And we have started adding default convergence to all supported games.
There are some games that need my focus on the entire screen so I can see the HUD at all times, such as like an mmo to see my health or something, then there are games that have no such requirements, So I could make the screen much larger.
Why not define different output profiles (Monitor, Projector, TV,..) with the different resolutions you need? Upon game launch you will be asked which one to use.
Jan 16, 2021 @ 8:46pm 
Originally posted by Gator:
There are some games that need my focus on the entire screen so I can see the HUD at all times, such as like an mmo to see my health or something, then there are games that have no such requirements, So I could make the screen much larger.
OK, I see. This would not be too difficult to add, except for creating some sort of UI to manage the different profiles. I'll add this to our list of recommendations.

In the meantime, using the VR controllers will be the easist way to change screen size/position, because it won't conflict with anything else and always works.

If you have the ability to create batch files, you could also save off the settings you prefer, and then modify the registry entries using a batch file at launch. A .bat can be set as a program to be run before the game, so it would be automated.

Let me know if you'd want to create something like that and I can direct you to the registry keys. All settings are stored using the Unity mechanism, and are stored in the registry. An example of modifying registry keys can be found in my 3Dupdate.bat for changing 3D Vision params after driver installs.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50