Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity

Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity

View Stats:
GalaxyForge Planet Bonus Issues
Has anyone been able to figure out how to add one of the following planet bonuses to a map using GalaxyForge (or editing a map made using GalaxyForge)?

1) Caustic Atmosphere
2) Ionic Storms
3) High Security Protocol
4) Tundra Farms
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Hey, it's been a long time since I used GalaxyForge, but have you tried editing files with notepad++?
I did try, but the game doesn't seem to understand the above-mentioned bonuses. I even used the names of the files, but that didn't work either.
Could you share the notepad excerpt from where you have been editing those?
There might be a syntax error
Here is the notepad excerpt from a world I want to add some of the mentioned planet bonuses.

planet
designName "Volcanic-364"
inGameName ""
type "Volcanic"
pos [ 280 , 300 ]
owner "Player-7"
isHomePlanet FALSE
normalStartUpgradeLevelForPopulation 0
normalStartUpgradeLevelForCivilianModules 0
normalStartUpgradeLevelForTacticalModules 0
normalStartUpgradeLevelForArtifacts 2
normalStartUpgradeLevelForInfrastructure 0
quickStartUpgradeLevelForPopulation 0
quickStartUpgradeLevelForCivilianModules 0
quickStartUpgradeLevelForTacticalModules 0
quickStartUpgradeLevelForArtifacts 2
quickStartUpgradeLevelForInfrastructure 0
planetItems
templateName ""
subTemplates 0
groups 1
group
condition
type "Always"
param ""
owner "PlanetOwner"
colonizeChance 0.000000
items 10
item "Artifact:ShipBuildReduction"
item "Bonus:CavernSystem"
item "Bonus:WeaponTestGrounds"
item "Bonus:MetalMiners"
item "Tech:Frigate:Light"
item "Tech:Frigate:Light"
item "Tech:Frigate:Scout"
item "Tech:Frigate:Scout"
item "Tech:Frigate:Heavy"
item "Tech:CapitalShip:Colony"
spawnProbability 1.000000
useDefaultTemplate TRUE

However, since none of the 4 above mentioned planet bonuses are in GalaxyForge, I have to try and add them manually. I have tried to add them (after changing the item # accordingly) using "Bonus:StrictSecurity" as well as "Bonus:HighSecurityProtocol" and variations thereof for High Security Prototol. For Ionic Storms, I tried "Bonus:IonicStorms". For Caustic Atmosphere, I tried "Bonus:AcidAtmosphere" as well as "Bonus:CausticAtmosphere". For Tundra Farms, I tried "Bonus:TundraFarms".

Note: I tried applying the bonuses to planet types that they are suppose to work on.

Additionally, The reason there are 2 sets of codes for High Security Protocol and Caustic Atmosphere is because the actual file name that gives the bonus is Strict Security and Acid Atmosphere respectively.

If anyone can find a way to make these 4 planet bonusus so that they can be added to the galaxy file, that would be wonderful.
hey, could you try adding the plane miners to a "fair moon" and see if that works?
It could be, that the bonuses are locked on a per planet basis
I just found the error / issue. I will be posting a new discussion line to describe the answer.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50