Kerbal Space Program

Kerbal Space Program

Made it to and from Minmus
The low gravity was quite a challenge.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
On the plus side, low gravity coupled with some wide open perfectly flat areas makes it very cheap to both land and take off.

You often have to limit the power of the engines when trying to land due to the thrust to weight ratio becoming way too high.
In case you don't know how to do that, right click the engine and change the "thrust limiter", preferably with the TWR visible from the staging infos on the left.
2-3 allows you to have control, 5-10 allows you to accelerate quickly, anything beyond that is hard to control even in orbit, but can be nice for when you have massive burns to do.
Yep. Had to dial my engine down to 25% and still didn't use full thrust until after I was in orbit again.
Trying to reach orbit for first time:
"Stupid gravity!"

Trying to land on Minmus for first time:
"Stupid gravity!"

Trying to land on Gilly for first time:
"Stupid gravity!"

:Khappy:
Originally posted by The_Mell:
Trying to reach orbit for first time:
"Stupid gravity!"

Trying to land on Minmus for first time:
"Stupid gravity!"

Trying to land on Gilly for first time:
"Stupid gravity!"

:Khappy:
Landing on kcalbeloh: STUPID GRAVITY.
the low gravity is what makes it easy tho
Well, congratulations man. I have known some people, but personally said men was harder for them.Than the mun because minmus has a weirder orbit and it sphere of influence is really small. It was also frustrating for me when I first did it but when you get better at the game, we’ll figure out it’s a lot easier than the mun
Originally posted by Jackson:
Well, congratulations man. I have known some people, but personally said men was harder for them.Than the mun because minmus has a weirder orbit and it sphere of influence is really small. It was also frustrating for me when I first did it but when you get better at the game, we’ll figure out it’s a lot easier than the mun
Yeah, it was easy to find a landing spot, harder to keep the blue side of the navball 100% up while landing.
Originally posted by knighttemplar1960:
The low gravity was quite a challenge.
congrats! now you are ready for the kcabeloh system. We believe in you!
I haven't explored the system in a long time but I do remember landing on one of the moons where you actually have to have an engine on top of your vessel pushing the vessel to the moon or else it will just lift off with the slightest touch for the gravity is so low.
Originally posted by IronSides:
I haven't explored the system in a long time but I do remember landing on one of the moons where you actually have to have an engine on top of your vessel pushing the vessel to the moon or else it will just lift off with the slightest touch for the gravity is so low.
That would be eve’s moon gilly, however some mods add objects so small you can land a 20 ton craft on RCS.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50