ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
I love Moon 11, and why you should too.
I have been seeing alot of Tasha posting, and Kate posting as well.

However I would like to remind you all of the tragic Heroine that is Moon 11.

Those that would call her evil or irredeemable have only a surface level understanding of her character and the plight of the Sotoan people. Marked by constant war and insecurity from Yuktobania, desertification of their lands caused by the need to industrialize for security, this not only marks the impending doom of their nation, but their very way of life. In their desperate grasp for life the Politicians and Commanders of Sotoa are manipulated and puppeteered into a war by the Evil Enzo Order, into a chance for a 'promised land', a chance to save their people. Moon 11 and the soldiers who fight in this war are merely that, soldiers. Moon 11 did not order the spear strikes, nor did she command the land battleships. She was the commander of air force training until promoted at the last battle. People are attributing all these crimes unto her personally, when she was not the one to give the orders.

Additionally it was Enzo Order pushing for these extreme measures and actions in order to achieve their plans. Every step of the way was engineered and orchestrated by the Evil Enzo Order. She gave her very body fighting for her people in the Yukto-Sotoan war, and still she gave everything for her people in this one. Despite being lied to, misled and ultimately forced into a unwinnable war, by corrupt politicians and the Evil Enzo Order, she fought on, against all odds. Some of the poor writing attempted to force her to be a mindless antagonist near the end, but even then we could see her reasoning, wanting to bring to account the Evil Enzo Order so they would not be able to harm the world ever again. Without the phone or evidence, what choice did she have other than let the snakes slither away and leave her nation and people to destruction, and ultimately all other nations.

I could not bring myself to hate the Sotoans as others have, the entire time I felt a deep sense of sadness, that we should be fighting together and not against one another. The realization that we killed one another, friends and family lost on both sides, due to the pulling of the strings of the Evil Enzo Order, it made me feel sick. War is a terrible thing, in which hatred brews, but the bravery the Sotoan pilots displayed was inspiring. They fought all the way, even when they knew death to be certain.

Moon 11 encapsulates all of this into a singular character.

From galloping the green pastoral lands and plains of memory, they now soar through the winds of the great sky.

The last ride of a dying people.

The last ride of a Sotoan. :ac8_Sotoa:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
Wasn't it Hotwheels that used a tonitrus spear to nuke that village and took out the jumpscare sheep and farm lady? Nah this all sounds like a bunch of Sotoan propaganda and I'm glad that I send her crippled ass flying for one last time.
Originally posted by Waffel Diver:
Wasn't it Hotwheels that used a tonitrus spear to nuke that village and took out the jumpscare sheep and farm lady? Nah this all sounds like a bunch of Sotoan propaganda and I'm glad that I send her crippled ass flying for one last time.

No, Moon 11 did not order the spear strike on the village.

Once again, people not paying attention to the dialogue or her place in the chain of command.

The Tonitrus Spear strike that destroys Rio Bajo, it was ordered by Lieutenant General Daniil Kurbanov—not Moon 11.

You can easily search this up for yourself.
Nah that ♥♥♥♥♥ killed my man Baxter and she only deserve straight nosedive into ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ hell, no Hortus Regis Alti
I thought something similar in terms of her character arc. There are alot of mouthbreathers here who can't grasp anything beyond a Call of Duty game with bright yellow lines that tells them what to think, or an antagonist that is anything but evil.

Those with a brain will appreciate the nuance.
Originally posted by eEXM-21:
Nah that ♥♥♥♥♥ killed my man Baxter and she only deserve straight nosedive into ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ hell, no Hortus Regis Alti

And how many brothers and sons have we killed? How many families have we left broken? What of the cries of desperation and helped when we killed the non-combatants on the megafloat?

War is a disgusting thing. To think we are above others in that regard?

Self-reflection is needed in this regard.

I tear'd-up during that sequence. I truly felt that loss. It made me upset. Now imagine the people on the other side, I imagine they went through the same thing.

That is what makes Enzo Order such a despicable antagonist, the true antagonist of this game. Ultimately it leads into the future storylines.
Originally posted by Baladas:
Originally posted by eEXM-21:
Nah that ♥♥♥♥♥ killed my man Baxter and she only deserve straight nosedive into ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ hell, no Hortus Regis Alti

And how many brothers and sons have we killed? How many families have we left broken? What of the cries of desperation and helped when we killed the non-combatants on the megafloat?

War is a disgusting thing. To think we are above others in that regard?

Self-reflection is needed in this regard.

I tear'd-up during that sequence. I truly felt that loss. It made me upset. Now imagine the people on the other side, I imagine they went through the same thing.

That is what makes Enso Order such a despicable antagonist, the true antagonist of this game. Ultimately it leads into the future storylines.
Sotoans are literal savage invaders even in consideration of Enso manipulating them
Even Belkans haven't gone this vicious
And as Rex is in the Navy of actual modern federation, he has the very right to push back and punish those who violate international/wartime laws, no matter if killing that ♥♥♥♥♥ counts as personal vendetta
Originally posted by eEXM-21:
Sotoans are literal savage invaders even in consideration of Enzo manipulating them
Even Belkans haven't gone this vicious
Didn't belka litteraly bomb schools in 5 to trigger a Yuktobanian retaliation?
Originally posted by chri:
Originally posted by eEXM-21:
Sotoans are literal savage invaders even in consideration of Enzo manipulating them
Even Belkans haven't gone this vicious
Didn't belka litteraly bomb schools in 5 to trigger a Yuktobanian retaliation?
Sotoans "speared" the whole cities
I encourage people to read this post with Hortus Regis Alti playing in the background.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3JfHrEV78o

Well written OP. Its significantly more complex and a surface level read on Luna misses the greater struggle. Still though, "I will punish those who did this to you with a guided munition" is a hard asf line for a character lmao.
Originally posted by eEXM-21:
Originally posted by chri:
Didn't belka litteraly bomb schools in 5 to trigger a Yuktobanian retaliation?
Sotoans "speared" the whole cities
They bombed only Expo and Baio Rojo, the rest was on enso.
So pretty much on par with the belka nuking *seven* of their own city just to scare the allied forces away + all the crap the grey men did in 5.
Yeah Moon 11 is supposed to be tragic but her character arc is introduced and then resolved in the span of like 10 minutes where Cope monologues about their history together and how she had changed from a pacifist to a whatever ♥♥♥♥♥♥ up thing the neuralink has made her into
bomb hoffnung again.
I love Moon 11 because she confirms that AC3 is canon thanks to the Neural Bridge and the X-40 Aircraft description confirming the Darkness of Enigma project actually happened. Electrosphere prequel/sequel next perhaps?
I think we are now entering the territory of what they will decide is canon and non-canon in terms of the older titles, where they take the series from here will be very interesting. I for one would not mind getting protagonists and or playable view points from some of the other nations.
I think it is actually cool that Mihaly and Sol represented the sun and Moon 11 and her Lux Lunae represented the moon. I would not be surprised if we see something related to Terran in Ace Combat 9.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
Per page: 1530 50