ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
What do you all think is next for Ace Combat?
(Spoilers)

I know the ending of AC8 pretty effectively ties directly into leading up to AC3 so I'm rather curious what could possibly be next. I know that it'll probably be at least 5 years before we even get a hint that AC9 might be real but I'm still not sure how they could even do it other than remaking or retconning AC3. That or making a sequel that comes after the events of AC3 which seems less likely.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
I feel like they could fit one more pre-AC3 game before we get to AC3.
Originally posted by Apples4Holo(ホロ):
I feel like they could fit one more pre-AC3 game before we get to AC3.
Certainly possible given it's about a decade but at that point they'd have to be trying really hard to tie directly into AC3 it feels like.
I'm guessing a global war where Osea i put on the brink of destruction but a lone Ace pilot single handily wins the war for them.
Originally posted by Havean:
I'm guessing a global war where Osea i put on the brink of destruction but a lone Ace pilot single handily wins the war for them.
Yeah but wasn't that basically the entire plot of AC7 though? I still don't get why Osea became the FCU after 7
Maybe a GRDF protagonist? Since they are setting up General to have a position similar to what they had in 3. Not likely but I would love that.

Originally posted by Cyanide:
Originally posted by Havean:
I'm guessing a global war where Osea i put on the brink of destruction but a lone Ace pilot single handily wins the war for them.
Yeah but wasn't that basically the entire plot of AC7 though? I still don't get why Osea became the FCU after 7
Osea has nothing to do with the FCU. They are on another continent too.
Originally posted by Ifrit's ShadowA41™:
Maybe a GRDF protagonist? Since they are setting up General to have a position similar to what they had in 3. Not likely but I would love that.

Originally posted by Cyanide:
Yeah but wasn't that basically the entire plot of AC7 though? I still don't get why Osea became the FCU after 7
Osea has nothing to do with the FCU. They are on another continent too.
Then why were we part of Osea in AC7?
I mean they have remade the Ace Combat 2 story a few times. If they dont do a game in between 8 and 3, for whatever reason, I would be fine with a remake of 3 with expanded content.
That said, first fix this game cause its crashing for most of us and then think about whats next for the franchise.
Originally posted by Apples4Holo(ホロ):
I feel like they could fit one more pre-AC3 game before we get to AC3.
Exactly what I was thinking my guy. The next game is going to be perfect set up for an eventual remake of AC3. A prelude to the corporate war.
Originally posted by Cyanide:
Originally posted by Ifrit's ShadowA41™:
Maybe a GRDF protagonist? Since they are setting up General to have a position similar to what they had in 3. Not likely but I would love that.


Osea has nothing to do with the FCU. They are on another continent too.
Then why were we part of Osea in AC7?
Osea pulled a USA and had loads of military bases across Usea in 7.
What I *hope* is next: they remake some older games ala the Resident Evils (IE basically reimagining them, so refined mission design, improved storytelling, etc.). This would be a great way to get more Ace Combat games out at a faster pace, so we're not stuck waiting a decade for the next game.

What'd make me explode in excitement if it were next: Project Aces makes a Macross game.

What I realistically expect to be next: a ♥♥♥♥-ton of ACO content/DLC, with a small DLC campaign with a few extra missions for solo players, if we're very lucky.

What I fear is next: no new game(s) for 10 years or more.
they should do a pixy origin story (kind of like a prequel to zero like how that was a prequel to AC5, and like how AC8 is kind of like a prequel to AC3) cuz i wanna see my glorious belkan king again

(also, whatever the next mainline game is will prolly have AC04 as a preorder bonus and I can't miss an opportunity like that)
since AC3 was a simulation I don't think we would get anything that resembles of return of AC3 at all. At most there will be more and more stuff connected to AC3 (organizations, characters, planes) but the story would be completely different, especially considering how many 2040s stuff has already been retconned from AC3 to now.
Air Combat Remaster. The entire game sets up the original games again, with stuff heavily leaning toward Mercenary air corps rather than national wings.

Also Ace Combat 3 Remaster aint out of the play yet. They basicaly set up the Scifi thats needed for that game again wich is great. Only hoping we get branching storyline again with it, making it AGAIN the largest Ace Combat there is (it still is thou XD)
If they keep making low effort cash grab multiplayer, layoffs.
I have money and pre-ordered Deluxe.
Just being honest.
Hopefully fixing the crash issues with this game so it can be consistently played. But I certainly hope we get more games too. Really want a game with all the strangereal superplanes they created.

But first the fixes. Haven't managed to keep the game running without a UE-Error Crash since the pre-release.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Per page: 1530 50