ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Multiplayer desperately needs longer missions
I've been playing multiplayer for a couple more hours and I feel like I got a good grasp of the ♥♥♥♥♥♥ mode now.

The co-op modes NEED longer match times since it favors planes that can kill targets quickly. LAAMs and SAAMs are king in these modes to farm the air targets. Before unlocking those special weapons I would have to fight to take out enemy jets one by one, but now I can just sit in the middle of the furball and "snipe" the jets with super guided fast missiles; I would often steal the kill from my allies chasing. It was pretty much a kill every three or so seconds.

You can always be a bomber too but then you're competing to get to the targets quicker.

I think adding two times the targets or including a chance of a boss machine appearing would help. Maybe a rival hard difficulty AI squad arriving to take the player's out. Maybe even these AI squadrons targeting a specific high scoring player and the other players need to protect them.

Just anything to introduce some chaos and excitement to the co-op modes. The scrambles really should be in the regular missions. Any sort of variety in-mission would make the mode feel less like a grind. There are so many ideas they used in the campaign that they could use here; I WANT to feel badass playing with other players too. Multiplayer honestly just feels like something they built last-minute to farm more money with the gatcha mechanics.

And Warfare mode... I really don't have much to comment on it because honestly, it's fine as it is for people who like PVP. Matchmaking for PVP is kind of a mess and it's own problem, but I don't see it being fixed considering the devs want the biggest spenders to feel powerful fighting against low ranked players and jets.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Warfare is okay but kinda bland at the same time. You start of getting points to get those 3 stars and then it turns into a little furball and once it starts to get fun it's already over. As for coop assault it seems like they got a solid game mode but then thought hey we need to give it a pvp ish twist to it as well and just added 4 more players to it. It's just a race to joink targets from other people and it's over too quick. Warfare needs longer match time and throw in a bunch of aces to spice things up and warfare needs an emergency sortie style boss in the second act to make it more fun.
At the very least they could allow 4 player lobbies so slower planes with short range weapons get to actually play the game.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50