ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Mission 9 Gun-Only Challenge Sucks
A lot of turret hitboxes on the land battleship are tiny already, and for some reason, on the very last phase of the mission, not only do the thrusters have wonky small hitboxes, too, they seem to also be damage immune beyond a certain distance (I can hear bullets impacting on target but don't do damage), and they even have a lot of HP to boot. On top of all that, I am doing a no-damage challenge, too (which has been doable so far), but the thrusters alone being this wonky is kind of a slap in the face. I don't feel challenged, I feel like I'm fighting the game itself.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
I found I had to aim really low on the thrusters, down where the flames are almost ending for the hits to register.
Originally posted by Jonathan J. O'Neill:
I found I had to aim really low on the thrusters, down where the flames are almost ending for the hits to register.
Even on the most stable strafe and best aim, the thrusters were still tanking a lot of hits. I ended up changing my aircraft From F-15E to Su-25 because it has MGP, though it was poor at dodging railguns, but I still managed to get a no-damage, gun-only, attacker-only clear of Mission 9 just now.
Honestly, doing a guns only run and not running MGP is unneeded torture.

That being said, my Guns only run was in the F-36 EW plane as I was running a guns + EW only build.

Try doing a no damage attacker only run where you're stuck with the A-6E for a few missions. That sucked. Thank god for the part that negates damage a bit.
Originally posted by Jonathan J. O'Neill:
Honestly, doing a guns only run and not running MGP is unneeded torture.

That being said, my Guns only run was in the F-36 EW plane as I was running a guns + EW only build.

Try doing a no damage attacker only run where you're stuck with the A-6E for a few missions. That sucked. Thank god for the part that negates damage a bit.
I'm now suffering with the forced A-6E, too. Low speed and 80-100% of enemy targets being other aircraft. It was definitely a serious oversight that the only carrier-compatible attack aircraft is this POS plane.

In hindsight, attackers being the category I chose for a gun-only run going at the same time was probably a mistake. Su-25 is the worst MGP plane just for how unmaneuverable it is.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50