ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Was multiplayer an afterthought/Gimmick to get us to buy the game?
Its a mess. The menus system is truly annoying. ADF Morgan spam. Very little true coop here, and no custom game ability what so ever?

Gundam did this same thing with the "lobby hanger" we all spawn at and it failed badly. Why did they do this here? I am really happy they are trying to add what I always wanted, but its really, REALLY bad, and I feel like we got a little tricked over this. I really hope they completely overhaul this big mess. Especially since they have added micro-transations to such a limited experience.

Imagine grabbing 2 or 3 buddies and doing a mission list and challenges etc... and not being forced into this weird PVP mess. Some little things can help a lot. Sort of like fixing memory issues and adding FOV slider for those who need it. :)
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Online feels like half-baked f2p spinoff
You aren't wrong, Ragvard. :( I am really hoping they do better.
i'd say its an afterthought yeah but not technically a scam, aye the multiplayer is cheaply made and not at all designed well but focus was always going to be the singleplayer campaign

then again the multiplayer was advertised as this big grand thing and that didn't obviously turn out to be true so it is a scam that way
Hey true Vahjkyriel. I think I will reword to match that wording. :) The multiplayer was looking like it was supposed to be a big deal. Having micro transactions in that mess is just odd.
Originally posted by Ragvard Grimclaw:
Online feels like half-baked f2p spinoff

It is based off of the Infinity model minus the fuel system, so... in a way, yes it's based off of a F2P game.

Personally there's a lot more issues with the multiplayer than just the grind; missions are too short to properly enjoy, which also lends to the issues that anyone using LAAMs tend to hog the A2A kills, leaving nothing for anybody not using the meta planes to do as just one example. (btw morgan spam isn't really that bad, if you see any planes using LAAMs you might as well just give up not getting any A2A kills yourself.)

I do hope we get a proper lobby system like Infinity though.

Also yes, speed up the menu screens please. Or even just have them all rendered AC7 style so the menu transitions don't take forever.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50