ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Any chance a 1080 will run this game?
...or is it time to unpack my 3070?
Would appreciate any 1080 users chiming in, thank you in advance!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 60 comments
I think it’s time for 3070. x)
Originally posted by UMA:
I think it’s time for 3070. x)
knowing my luck, the cable will burn down my card or PSU, hence why I am hesitating. Crazy world we live in when AC games are this demanding...
Originally posted by TOMekbok:
Originally posted by UMA:
I think it’s time for 3070. x)
knowing my luck, the cable will burn down my card or PSU, hence why I am hesitating. Crazy world we live in when AC games are this demanding...
Ah, that’s UE5 problem. :c
I'm on a 1080 Ti and game keeps crashing when I try to start campaign. Loader tells me to get latest drivers but gtx 10's aren't supported by the latest ones. Not sure what to do at this point other than wait for a patch or upgrade my gpu
People at and beyond the min specs can't get it to run properly, can't imagine a 1080 would work in any capacity in the games current state
Originally posted by DiarrheaNightmare:
I'm on a 1080 Ti and game keeps crashing when I try to start campaign. Loader tells me to get latest drivers but gtx 10's aren't supported by the latest ones. Not sure what to do at this point other than wait for a patch or upgrade my gpu
Thanks for the info, please feel free to update the thread in case the patches somehow help
Originally posted by DW9x:
People at and beyond the min specs can't get it to run properly, can't imagine a 1080 would work in any capacity in the games current state
Yeah, was delusionally hoping for a Cyberpunk situation where below minimum spec PCs still worked with a stabl FPS.
Originally posted by TOMekbok:
Originally posted by DW9x:
People at and beyond the min specs can't get it to run properly, can't imagine a 1080 would work in any capacity in the games current state
Yeah, was delusionally hoping for a Cyberpunk situation where below minimum spec PCs still worked with a stabl FPS.
I think in this case the mandatory raytracing might break finally the long and glorious GTX 1080 run. Time to unpack that RTX.
Originally posted by Apocalypse:
Originally posted by TOMekbok:
Yeah, was delusionally hoping for a Cyberpunk situation where below minimum spec PCs still worked with a stabl FPS.
I think in this case the mandatory raytracing might break finally the long and glorious GTX 1080 run. Time to unpack that RTX.
long live the king
Originally posted by DW9x:
People at and beyond the min specs can't get it to run properly, can't imagine a 1080 would work in any capacity in the games current state
thats not true i dont have any issues running it,have you played it yet or are you just talking crap?
Originally posted by craig r:
Originally posted by DW9x:
People at and beyond the min specs can't get it to run properly, can't imagine a 1080 would work in any capacity in the games current state
thats not true i dont have any issues running it,have you played it yet or are you just talking crap?
what are your specs?
Pascal gtx1000 series was end of life oct 2025. It also doesnt have raytracing so won’t run this game at all.

Unpack that RTX3070 it’s already 6 years old.
Originally posted by DW9x:
People at and beyond the min specs can't get it to run properly, can't imagine a 1080 would work in any capacity in the games current state
Oh, from a pure performance standpoint the 1080 ... it's faster than thee 2060. So he is plenty above the min spec, but the Raytracing and driver requirements might be an issue.
My 5080, 9800x3d, can only run at high settings, and DLSS balanced @4k to maintain atleast 60 fps.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 60 comments
Per page: 1530 50