METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE

METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE

View Stats:
Is Normal difficulty easy on keyboard?
TL DR: question in the title

Details:
I am not exactly a pro in hack and slash games. Silksong and Nine Sols give me wrist pain. Kingdom Come Deliverance kicks my butt mercilessly. And I don't even dare to try For Honor

Here, however, Normal difficulty gives me cakewalk and Hard, while being challenging, doesn't prove too difficult untill I face Armstrong.

It doesn't make game any less fun but people often surprised when hearing that I can beat this game on keyboard and mouse, as if that's a sign of a pro.

I am greatly curious what's up with that. Does Normal difficulty considered challenging or not?

Don't take this as a brag, please. Like I said, I am not a pro, otherwise i won't be having hard time on games like Hollow Knight or DMC 5 on Dante Must Die difficulty
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
I think it's because (imo) hack and slash games are better played with a controller just because it's just a lot easier, and a lot of people who aren't used to keyboard controls, consider it harder to play it on keyboard, and keyboard players still always impress me lol.

Armstrong can be a difficult boss, and I did struggle fighting him on normal difficulty on normal mode as well, but it also takes practice. I heard it's a little difficult to do zandatsu with the mouse and keyboard, at the part where Armstrong throws pieces of the metal gear at you. If your struggling with it, you can totally skip that part by just running in front to avoid getting the stuff thrown at you.

As someone who has played hack and slash games before, normal difficulty should kind of become easy mode 2.0, but that's just my opinion. I think it all comes down to practicing. Give normal difficulty a shot if you'd like! I think controls just come down to personal preference, and even people who play with the controllers need just as much practice too.
I think it's because (imo) hack and slash games are better played with a controller just because it's just a lot easier, and a lot of people who aren't used to keyboard controls, consider it harder to play it on keyboard, and keyboard players still always impress me lol.

Armstrong can be a difficult boss, and I did struggle fighting him on normal difficulty on normal mode as well, but it also takes practice. I heard it's a little difficult to do zandatsu with the mouse and keyboard, at the part where Armstrong throws pieces of the metal gear at you. If your struggling with it, you can totally skip that part by just running in front to avoid getting the stuff thrown at you.

As someone who has played hack and slash games before, normal difficulty should kind of become easy mode 2.0, but that's just my opinion. I think it all comes down to practicing. Give normal difficulty a shot if you'd like! I think controls just come down to personal preference, and even people who play with the controllers need just as much practice too.
It's same for me expect dodging,Dodge is very easy with keyboard for me
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50