Day of Defeat: Source

Day of Defeat: Source

View Stats:
OOster
2
4
3
2
2
14
Jun 10, 2022 @ 2:09am
An article about the "-=ARP=- Alternate Retirement Plan" ultimate gaming experience.
Oh boy, this server is an odd one. Get a drink or a snack for this pointless article I’m writing to all who may be curious.

If you were like me and wanted a taste of nostalgia and booted up DoD to see how dead it was. Only to stumble upon the server named in the title and then ended up on this page then you already have an idea of the article I'm about to write.

The "rules" of this server are nothing more than excuses to power trip on nonmembers and randoms who unfortunately ended up pressing the join button on this server. Let me review some of these rules.

Firstly “Family Friendly” (IE no swearing or vulgar language) At first glance this may seem like a virtuous rule, but let me remind you that this server is for an M-rated online-only game with shooting, killing, blood, and playable nazis. On their website, you are given an explanation that this is because the members of this server clan have children and grandchildren. Again it seems virtuous on the surface. But why are they letting their kids/grandkids sit with them or sit in earshot of a game that has to rely on a community to moderate language, has killing, gun violence, blood, and war where you can play as nazis in it? Also, headphones exist. I often questioned while on this server; is it really words like “damn” or “wiener” that will send the admins into a screech fest for the sake of their poor kids ears? Or is it their gratification of talking down on a stranger with their abusive power? Either way, this is only the tip of the iceberg with the hypocrisy from the admins.

Next, they have rules like “No CS dancing” or whatever. Apparently, that means no strafing back and forth which allegedly “messes with your hitbox” (-quoted from an ARP admin) which is just a mere myth with no facts behind it. You also cannot use “quick switch” which is an intended feature of any source game. If you’re not seeing the pattern here, these rules are nothing more than weak attempts at closing a skill gap. Basically as politely as I can say this, the clan is not very skilled at this game in spite of their (assumed) hundreds/thousands of hours played. If you find any way to out-skill these guys they will obfuscate their rules as hard as they possibly can to remove or “discipline” you.

(2 examples):

1. They have no spawn killing, which is a rule I can get behind, that's fair. With that in mind, I positioned myself sneakily in an area with very small cover prone with an MG, facing 180 degrees away from their spawn, around 2 corners outside of their spawn which they had alternate routs to go, or they could easily jump behind me over my measly cover after getting killed by me and realizing my position. Instead though, they would continuously walk the corner in front of my lane of fire over and over. After about 10+ kills they kicked me for “spawn killing” aka they simply were upset that they got outplayed/couldn’t figure out how to deal with my tactic (grenades guys come on). After coming back and asking what the deal was and explaining myself, they told me not to argue with the admins even though they started to shoot my team from above as my teammates left the spawn, offending their own rules far more egregiously than I did.

2. My friend was with me (because we were quite entertained by these weirdo admins). We were playing a map with a bunch of segmented walls where you could watch the enemy run in and anticipate their general location on the next open segment of walls. My friend was using a rocket launcher and a couple of times he saw the opportunity to blast them as they approached the next gap in the wall. Without a single word or mention that someone may be cheating, or without anyone spectating to see if there actually was a cheater they permanently banned my friend for cheating. I asked the Admin why my friend was removed, and they said he was wall hacking. After explaining to the admin what my friend was doing they didn’t respond to me or unban my friend.

Lastly, they will simply make up rules on the fly. So in response, my friend and I decided to poke some fun at the absurd behavior displayed by these admins. We got some more of our friends and hopped into different accounts. I thought it would be funny to see how they would react to a macro I created to turn my flashlight into a crappy “strobe light”. Within minutes the admin started screeching at me that I was going to end up getting killed by friendlies somehow, or that I was “griefing lighting up friendlies to enemies” in a wild excuse to blame their lack of skill after being killed. I was kicked, and after returning with a different name I asked if flashlights were banned, their response was no, so I did it again lol. These guys are incredibly fun to f♥♥k with and it’s the only reason I’d ever recommend coming to this server if you wanted some good laughs with a friend. It’s a blast to see how close you can push their rules or catch them in their hypocrisies before you are kicked or banned. The more subtle the better. Like an “accidental” team kill followed by a giggly “oh sorry I miss clicked bud”. Pointing out "yes let me spill your blood with 40 point blank rounds from a family friendly german nazi MG-42". Or saying “S♥♥T” after dying then ”oh frick I mean dang it” after hearing these losers screech their TOS like parrots. They also have a name scrambler if you have a bad word in your steam name, so finding crafty ways to sneak in obscene language in your name can be fun too.

That being said It’s absolutely confusing to me why this community even bothers with a public server. And their excuses just don’t add up to any reasoning I can make sense of. They also claim they want to have a “realistic experience” but that is clearly a falsehood when the admins hotkey spam “!restock” every time they shoot 4 bullets or throw a grenade to get their ammo back for free. Besides this is a source game from 2005/2010 how is any of this game remotely a “realistic” shooter experience? If you want crazy rules and “realism” without trolls why not play Arma 3 or make your server private? Idk all I can say is that I was in tears from laughter after getting permanently banned for saying “WHAT'S UP IN THIS B♥♥CH, WHO WANT THEY P♥♥SY ATE” after days of f♥♥♥♥♥g around with these clowns.

I hope you enjoyed my article thanks for reading, idk maybe the admins will see this and learn something. If not take advantage of goofing off on this server while you can it’s a good time to hear these delectable geriatrics and low IQ’ers screech. I already miss it and might make another alt to do so.

P.S.
Mrs. LadySquirrel your “Have an acorn” “ joke” is the best cringe I’ve experienced in a while, the unfortunate sound of your voice is an absolute cherry on top to boot. It’s nearly just as good as nails on chalkboard -esque cringe. Though I’d recommend exercising your neural elasticity a bit by trying some new jokes, just a suggestion :3
Originally posted by RosCo:
Originally posted by Pocalypse:
...and that's why only a few people like them and their server.

Anyone that unironically likes that server needs to have their head examined for TBI.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 147 comments
i was threatened that id get banned for changing my interp
Ah yes another point I forgot to address. The forced set lerp. Another sad attempt to buffer their lagged cognitive abilities with those who they believe have faster internet.
have an acorn ooster
Lady Squirrel is literally the biggest power tripping baby I've ever met.. she actually disabled riflemen for wermacht because I was doing so well against her.. I didn't even know that was possible! Everyone on my team was pissed but still didn't stop me from destroying her.. finally got banned today for "cheating/exploits". What a joke lol.
Originally posted by Mank the Tank:
Lady Squirrel is literally the biggest power tripping baby I've ever met.. she actually disabled riflemen for wermacht because I was doing so well against her.. I didn't even know that was possible! Everyone on my team was pissed but still didn't stop me from destroying her.. finally got banned today for "cheating/exploits". What a joke lol.

Wow, thats not surprising to hear from that server. They are very clearly salty people. DOD has some hard core players that are really good. That doesnt equate to cheating.
Found your post after I originally made mine but damn you summed the server up perfectly. They really are so ridiculous you have to laugh.
WOW > A SHOUT TO "OOSTER" FOR EXPOSING > ARP DOD SOURCE SERVER FOR WHAT THEY REALLY ARE > I have been making an effort for 5 years to warn gamer's about these cowards > ALL their admins > including "LADY SQ" is the worst of them all > also their friends and clan members are infidel cowards >fact >their admins are rude disrespectful >are admin abusers > will ban non hackers and people who own them > none of them are good people >fact > another fact some of them hack and allow their friends to hack on their server > worst of them is " FT LITTLE RED " WHO use to be a ARP member was banned for hacking > then allowed to play on their server >still hacking > cheats > ANOTHER WARNING > THE > "FT DOD SOURCE SERVER " are no good period > they are hackers/use cheats > be careful of "Halloway" he is a known hacker and will hack into your computer > real scum bag
OOSTER > and other '' DOD SOURCE SERVERS" GAMER'S > should be warned about as well are > FT/415/1ST/6TH/8TH/SYP /9TH > THESE > "DOD SOURCE SERVERS" ARE JUST as bad or worse > don't be fooled by what they say or claim > infidel lying cowards as well > when any of them or their friends get busted for hack/cheats they cry like " baby infidel cowards they are when someone gets real with them >fact > when they say send us a demo of someone using hack/cheats its a joke > they will ban you
This server is the worst and it’s contributing to the decline of people playing DOD.
they banned me for cheating and some other people even though I never have done anything of that sort ... also they dont have ban appeals so LOL
Originally posted by ⑨ Poputchik:
they banned me for cheating and some other people even though I never have done anything of that sort ... also they dont have ban appeals so LOL

You can't win on that server. It's more of a rite of passage for DoD Players now than a badge of honour. I heard about it from other players before ever I played there.

I pretended to be an absolute and complete newb there and still destroyed them. Despite how hard I tried to make it not seem obvious.

The squirrel woman is a running joke now and I've even seen people turn her voice into a soundboard. Terms like "Have an Acorn."
Originally posted by vaNilla`Rice:
Originally posted by ⑨ Poputchik:
they banned me for cheating and some other people even though I never have done anything of that sort ... also they dont have ban appeals so LOL

You can't win on that server. It's more of a rite of passage for DoD Players now than a badge of honour. I heard about it from other players before ever I played there.

I pretended to be an absolute and complete newb there and still destroyed them. Despite how hard I tried to make it not seem obvious.

The squirrel woman is a running joke now and I've even seen people turn her voice into a soundboard. Terms like "Have an Acorn."

Thanks for the quick reply mate,
I really did do everything I could to try and work something out with them, I wrote on their group page (it is still up if you are interested), even added some of the admins to see if I could talk to them directly to see if I could work something out, but nothing - the squirrel person you spoke of I did add them as well but they apparently rejected my friend request first xD.

>You can't win on that server. It's more of a rite of passage for DoD Players now than a badge of honour. I heard about it from other players before ever I played there.

What is their deal exactly? Why do they ban so many people without regard or even warning to the player? Most servers want to grow and have a good community - it isn't as if DoD players are infinite nowadays.
Originally posted by ⑨ Poputchik:
Originally posted by vaNilla`Rice:

You can't win on that server. It's more of a rite of passage for DoD Players now than a badge of honour. I heard about it from other players before ever I played there.

I pretended to be an absolute and complete newb there and still destroyed them. Despite how hard I tried to make it not seem obvious.

The squirrel woman is a running joke now and I've even seen people turn her voice into a soundboard. Terms like "Have an Acorn."

Thanks for the quick reply mate,
I really did do everything I could to try and work something out with them, I wrote on their group page (it is still up if you are interested), even added some of the admins to see if I could talk to them directly to see if I could work something out, but nothing - the squirrel person you spoke of I did add them as well but they apparently rejected my friend request first xD.

>You can't win on that server. It's more of a rite of passage for DoD Players now than a badge of honour. I heard about it from other players before ever I played there.

What is their deal exactly? Why do they ban so many people without regard or even warning to the player? Most servers want to grow and have a good community - it isn't as if DoD players are infinite nowadays.

LOL WHERE IS THEIR GROUP PAGE
Originally posted by Maths Debater:
Originally posted by ⑨ Poputchik:

Thanks for the quick reply mate,
I really did do everything I could to try and work something out with them, I wrote on their group page (it is still up if you are interested), even added some of the admins to see if I could talk to them directly to see if I could work something out, but nothing - the squirrel person you spoke of I did add them as well but they apparently rejected my friend request first xD.

>You can't win on that server. It's more of a rite of passage for DoD Players now than a badge of honour. I heard about it from other players before ever I played there.

What is their deal exactly? Why do they ban so many people without regard or even warning to the player? Most servers want to grow and have a good community - it isn't as if DoD players are infinite nowadays.

LOL WHERE IS THEIR GROUP PAGE

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/arp1

you just needed to search the server name in the group search dummy
Originally posted by ⑨ Poputchik:
Originally posted by Maths Debater:

LOL WHERE IS THEIR GROUP PAGE

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/arp1

you just needed to search the server name in the group search dummy

I will be honest, I hardly ever bother with groups on Steam, but now this subject came up...I had a good look at what was posted on there to include your posting.

Seems about right. I really would not count on them repealing the ban (they don't care).

Sorry, you had this experience.

I love DoD and come back to it every so often for nostalgia...it is a real shame that one of the few active communities left on this particular game just so happens to have been perhaps one of the most toxic PoS group of sub-human trash I have ever had the displeasure of seeing in ANY game I have played.

I have NEVER seen admins this vicious against players in-general, and I am not sure how their regular player base (if they have any) tolerate being there...it must either be a friends only sort of club or some people are just used to walking on glass all of the time.

I pray to Jesus that they find salvation before it is too late, amen.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 147 comments
Per page: 1530 50