skate.
Is anyone else having weird physics?
Could it just be my PC or are the physics in this game off sometimes? Ill be grinding and suddenly my character gets skyrocketed a very far distance. I don't understand how sometimes the same trick equals success and sometimes as soon as you land your character splats and your board goes flying. I wish I could add videos to this so you guys know exactly what I mean but yeah.....anyone else?????
I know it's early access and I like the game I just keep getting frustrated by the physics and I know it isn't all my fault lol. I'm bad but not that bad
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
This game physics suck sometimes even moreso the skate 3.
yeah god slaps you around sometimes - just to make sure you've got your impervatec.
in all reality some of them are annoying, I agree. I just hope they don't patch the niche fun ones..
Originally posted by Sterben:
This game physics suck sometimes even moreso the skate 3.
They do! Skate 3 was legendary and I'm sure they will fix some of the problems. I'm just glad it isn't just me XD
Originally posted by Roux:
yeah god slaps you around sometimes - just to make sure you've got your impervatec.
in all reality some of them are annoying, I agree. I just hope they don't patch the niche fun ones..
Lol ain't no joke! There are a few fun ones that I super enjoy like the thing where i finish grinding and sometimes the board pogo sticks me into some huge air time. They aren't all bad. Just the ones that make it to where it takes me an hour to beat a single mission that should be relatively simple
Originally posted by Jahayhay:
Originally posted by Roux:
yeah god slaps you around sometimes - just to make sure you've got your impervatec.
in all reality some of them are annoying, I agree. I just hope they don't patch the niche fun ones..
Lol ain't no joke! There are a few fun ones that I super enjoy like the thing where i finish grinding and sometimes the board pogo sticks me into some huge air time. They aren't all bad. Just the ones that make it to where it takes me an hour to beat a single mission that should be relatively simple
So far to me, the entire game feels like THPS 5.2. The game as a whole does not feel like skate.
Agreed Sterben. I'm glad they didn't just recreate Skate 3 but I wish they would have added like hall of meat and stuff
Originally posted by Jahayhay:
Agreed Sterben. I'm glad they didn't just recreate Skate 3 but I wish they would have added like hall of meat and stuff
TBH that's what they should have done. Skate three has the smoothest gameplay of all of them.
Servers and the engine not being able to communicate. The map doesn't know where you are, or your board clips through sometimes. I get it too, like today, just awful. Can't hardly skate, co-op on otl doesn't register properly. It's the beauty of everyone sourcing their servers out to places that don't care and game devs using premade crap
Originally posted by Baldus Noggins:
Servers and the engine not being able to communicate. The map doesn't know where you are, or your board clips through sometimes. I get it too, like today, just awful. Can't hardly skate, co-op on otl doesn't register properly. It's the beauty of everyone sourcing their servers out to places that don't care and game devs using premade crap
^this 100%.. Over the past two weeks, there were at most three days when the inputs didn't feel sluggish.. but given his description, it could also be that he found some of the many weird ledges/spots that like to slingshot u around..
Originally posted by Jahayhay17:
Could it just be my PC or are the physics in this game off sometimes? Ill be grinding and suddenly my character gets skyrocketed a very far distance. I don't understand how sometimes the same trick equals success and sometimes as soon as you land your character splats and your board goes flying. I wish I could add videos to this so you guys know exactly what I mean but yeah.....anyone else?????
I know it's early access and I like the game I just keep getting frustrated by the physics and I know it isn't all my fault lol. I'm bad but not that bad

Yeah, I've been having them, too. Sometimes I can be on foot on perfectly flat ground and suddenly wipe out or get a good line going, hit a random rail, and get catapulted across the city.

It does come in handy if you get the glitch that launches you into orbit because you can complete the Skate! monthly bounty of 250,000 in only a few seconds.
Yeah physics are dogh*t right now. Getting launched in random directions when performing basic grind. Easily the worst they've ever been.
Originally posted by grizzlyyy:
Yeah physics are dogh*t right now. Getting launched in random directions when performing basic grind. Easily the worst they've ever been.

That's wild, wonder if it's network related? Ive been playing this a lot and this happens maybe once or twice per session and the game has never felt better physically.
Originally posted by Baldus Noggins:
Servers and the engine not being able to communicate. The map doesn't know where you are, or your board clips through sometimes. I get it too, like today, just awful. Can't hardly skate, co-op on otl doesn't register properly. It's the beauty of everyone sourcing their servers out to places that don't care and game devs using premade crap

me when im in the talking out of my ass competition
Originally posted by m@gicpanda:
Originally posted by grizzlyyy:
Yeah physics are dogh*t right now. Getting launched in random directions when performing basic grind. Easily the worst they've ever been.

That's wild, wonder if it's network related? Ive been playing this a lot and this happens maybe once or twice per session and the game has never felt better physically.

Its not network related at all. Im sure the skater ""physics"" runs clientside and is sent to the server. If the server was there in any other way, you would get rubberbanding and/or input delay. Clientside movement + anticheat is the industry standard for responsive movement, and its a no brainer for a skating game.

The player flying around when grinding happens because the game snaps you to a grind, and if any of the bail conditions are met, the player ragdolls and then maintains the "unnatural" force added to the player to make the grind snap. They could fix it by touching up either the bail conditions, grind snapping, or as a bandaid fix they could put a hard limit on the forces transfered to the player ragdoll. This is why it doesn't happen in skaterxl or session, because those games have no snapping at all, and in session especially the player ragdoll just drops like a wet towel and doesn't maintain momentum at all. I haven't played skate 3 for over 10 years so its hard to remember how the grinding works there.

I personally wouldnt want to be the person to fix this because it sounds like a pain in the ass to fix, because there is no "bug" or "mistake" that has to be fixed, because its just a natural unwanted side effect of how the game works.

source: im a gamedev
Originally posted by monke:
Originally posted by m@gicpanda:

That's wild, wonder if it's network related? Ive been playing this a lot and this happens maybe once or twice per session and the game has never felt better physically.

Its not network related at all. Im sure the skater ""physics"" runs clientside and is sent to the server. If the server was there in any other way, you would get rubberbanding and/or input delay. Clientside movement + anticheat is the industry standard for responsive movement, and its a no brainer for a skating game.

The player flying around when grinding happens because the game snaps you to a grind, and if any of the bail conditions are met, the player ragdolls and then maintains the "unnatural" force added to the player to make the grind snap. They could fix it by touching up either the bail conditions, grind snapping, or as a bandaid fix they could put a hard limit on the forces transfered to the player ragdoll. This is why it doesn't happen in skaterxl or session, because those games have no snapping at all, and in session especially the player ragdoll just drops like a wet towel and doesn't maintain momentum at all. I haven't played skate 3 for over 10 years so its hard to remember how the grinding works there.

I personally wouldnt want to be the person to fix this because it sounds like a pain in the ass to fix, because there is no "bug" or "mistake" that has to be fixed, because its just a natural unwanted side effect of how the game works.

source: im a gamedev

interesting cheers. I have all the assists off, wallies are off as well which might be helping. Last season felt way worse for me personally.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50