Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition

Game/controller issue with Steam
I just found out that for some reason, the controller doesn't work properly when you click the Play button on Steam. Despite the Steam Input being disabled, the mouse for some reason navigates to the menus and any keyboard presses move to the left only. XInput Plus and Xidi configuration seems to be ignored.

You can only bypass this issue by running the dmc3se.exe directly in the game folder if using the XInput Plus/Xidi method or use the "Universal" Controller Fix in which for some reason it works.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Steam's "desktop" controller configuration might perhaps still be applied ( note: Steam ships with a desktop mapping by default, you don't have to configure anything anywhere to "have it" already ).
If you want to make SURE Steam doesn't mess with the controller you have to disable it GLOBALLY Steam-wide in main Steam settings - NOT just per game...
Originally posted by B1tF1ghter:
Steam's "desktop" controller configuration might perhaps still be applied ( note: Steam ships with a desktop mapping by default, you don't have to configure anything anywhere to "have it" already ).
If you want to make SURE Steam doesn't mess with the controller you have to disable it GLOBALLY Steam-wide in main Steam settings - NOT just per game...
It's already off and I removed all controller keybinds to the Desktop Config to it.

Also just found another reason, it's because Microsoft GameInput service is installed. I uninstalled it and restarted my computer (which got reinstalled but no effect whatsoever) and now the game's good when I launch it via Steam.
Originally posted by ProjectXsent:
Originally posted by B1tF1ghter:
Steam's "desktop" controller configuration might perhaps still be applied ( note: Steam ships with a desktop mapping by default, you don't have to configure anything anywhere to "have it" already ).
If you want to make SURE Steam doesn't mess with the controller you have to disable it GLOBALLY Steam-wide in main Steam settings - NOT just per game...
It's already off and I removed all controller keybinds to the Desktop Config to it.

Also just found another reason, it's because Microsoft GameInput service is installed. I uninstalled it and restarted my computer (which got reinstalled but no effect whatsoever) and now the game's good when I launch it via Steam.
Which Windows version do you use ?

What you describe almost sounds like GameBar and associated services messing with stuff... ( whch wouldn't be unheard of )
Originally posted by B1tF1ghter:
What you describe almost sounds like GameBar and associated services messing with stuff... ( whch wouldn't be unheard of )
Windows 11 and I checked GameBar, all Inputs related are disabled.
Originally posted by ProjectXsent:
Originally posted by B1tF1ghter:
What you describe almost sounds like GameBar and associated services messing with stuff... ( whch wouldn't be unheard of )
Windows 11 and I checked GameBar, all Inputs related are disabled.
To my knowledge, GameBar processess linger in the background and there are tons of hidden quirks related to that. The only way to truly "disable GameBar" is to gut it entirely from the system ( good luck with that... it re-installs itself on updates iirc... AND gutting it requires some registry tricks ).

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure what the exact tool would be for Windows, but if you truly want to debug this you'd probably have to use some tool that lets you see what grabs which input, in realtime. Something akin a very specific debugger...

What controller do you use by the way??
And how is the controller connected?
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50