STAR WARS™ Episode I Racer

STAR WARS™ Episode I Racer

Multiple fixes for the game
Look up the free fix from MrGameFixer. Widescreen support, controller support, upscaled textures, cleaner text, higher difficulty levels- The whole bit. I also didn't have to patch the game to get it to run.
One note about controller support- It uses the JoyToKey app on the backend, and this was crashing the launcher for me so I had to first disable controller support, and download the JoyToKey app separately and manually configure the keys, then run it alongside. So if it crashes on launch for you, you might have to do the same thing as me. It was worth it though.

edit- actually having run joytokey and quitting once, I can re-enable controller support in the new launcher and it works just fine.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
I wasn't able to get the fix working unfortunately, crashes. I followed the troubleshooting guide and did all of them but no joy. It does look like a good fix though to modernize this game
Originally posted by Raoulle:
I wasn't able to get the fix working unfortunately, crashes. I followed the troubleshooting guide and did all of them but no joy. It does look like a good fix though to modernize this game
Did you try unchecking the controller support button for xbox controller? That's what I had to do. You can get controller support back by downloading the joytokey app separately. At first I thought that that meant I had to map all my own keys, but actually after running it once, I can quit joytokey fully, then re-configure mrgamefixer's launcher to enable controller support, and suddenly it launches fine with controller support, haptic feedback and everything.
But keep an eye out now and then for an official fix, since he has been doing a good job patching it so far.
yes unfortunately, I tried all the fixes he suggests on his Patreon site, including not patching the fonts etc.
The original game loads fine, just something wonky somewhere else unfortunately
The MrGameFixer patch works great, but I'm still unsure if the controls are working correctly. At the moment, I'm accelerating with the right trigger, breaking with the left trigger, the Y button changes the view and holding LB starts a repair. Turning is done with the left stick. Holding up on the left stick boosts, while the right stick tilts the vehicle left or right. The A button confirms in the menus, and the B button backs out. I managed to use Steam to map the escape key to the Xbox menu button, but I'm not sure which button is supposed to be 'Slide'?
UPDATE: So after doing some further research, it appears higher framerates might stop the slide mechanic from working. It would be great if the launcher could be updated with options for 30 fps and 60 fps caps!
Do any of these "fixes" work on Linux, or are they Windows only?
i pasted all files in the game folder and it says missing crunch.dll when its clearly in the folder, any fix?
MartyMcFly88 - The SLIDE works with both A and B. I’ve also added new framerate options since then to fix the physics issues.

GlenZenAF - Yes, a user reported that it works great on Linux as well.

RubyDaCherry#281 - What OS and game version are you using? The Steam and GOG releases don’t include any crunch.dll on my side, so something might be off with the install. Try reinstalling the game and follow the steps on my YouTube guide - this usually fixes these odd file issues.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50