ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

View Stats:
Feedback: random teams always lose Chandelier and Alicorn boss fights
Plenty of lost matches. Usually with like 5% of boss health remaining.

I don't know what Bandai was thinking. Yanking victories away from players at the very last moment is not good game design, at least insofar as games are meant to be fun and rewarding.

This is simply neither.

Boss timers should be extended by at least another minute and/or bosses made less spongy.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
It might feel frustrating to lose, but it's even less fun and rewarding to be handed S ranks on a silver platter.

If you have even semi competent players who choose even half decent loadouts, the boss fights are a walk in the park.

Even now I'm seeing missions end with nearly 3 minutes remaining on the clock. It's only going to get worse as players get better more upgraded planes, and get better at the game.
Chandelier is actually alright as it is. Two-three people can carry that mission even if the rest of the team are window lickers. Alicorn is about the only one that feels like it needs an extra minute especially with the ECM at the end putting people in a tough spot.
It can make a huge difference for a single player to bring in an EW craft with ESMs. The buff alone from the single player is a godsend, as everyone with the buff will get a massive cool down on their missiles, which can help a lot with damage output.

w/o the EW craft, I have also lost some Emergency sorties, due to not enough damage from the team (not everyone owns a PIX). So I always make sure that either someone on the team or myself bring in an EW craft with ESMs.
Originally posted by Vandom:
It might feel frustrating to lose, but it's even less fun and rewarding to be handed S ranks on a silver platter.

If you have even semi competent players who choose even half decent loadouts, the boss fights are a walk in the park.

Even now I'm seeing missions end with nearly 3 minutes remaining on the clock. It's only going to get worse as players get better more upgraded planes, and get better at the game.

Doesn't have to be an S-rank, just not a frustrating defeat after frustrating defeat for a dozen times in a row with the boss only having a pitiful amount of HP left.
Originally posted by I'm the Cook:
It can make a huge difference for a single player to bring in an EW craft with ESMs. The buff alone from the single player is a godsend, as everyone with the buff will get a massive cool down on their missiles, which can help a lot with damage output.

w/o the EW craft, I have also lost some Emergency sorties, due to not enough damage from the team (not everyone owns a PIX). So I always make sure that either someone on the team or myself bring in an EW craft with ESMs.

Are the EW aircraft users properly compensated for doing this sort of play? That's giving up a lot of firepower, doing less damage and kills for yourself due to the special weapon slots EW take up.

I've seen a few EW players in Co-Op Warfare and they really do make it harder to deal with their team. But the ones I see never do well in the rankings.
Originally posted by wombat93:
Originally posted by I'm the Cook:
It can make a huge difference for a single player to bring in an EW craft with ESMs. The buff alone from the single player is a godsend, as everyone with the buff will get a massive cool down on their missiles, which can help a lot with damage output.

w/o the EW craft, I have also lost some Emergency sorties, due to not enough damage from the team (not everyone owns a PIX). So I always make sure that either someone on the team or myself bring in an EW craft with ESMs.

Are the EW aircraft users properly compensated for doing this sort of play? That's giving up a lot of firepower, doing less damage and kills for yourself due to the special weapon slots EW take up.

I've seen a few EW players in Co-Op Warfare and they really do make it harder to deal with their team. But the ones I see never do well in the rankings.

You are usually a top scorer when running EW craft, just due to the ESM/ECM point assist alone. You should be spamming missles during the ESM buff to take advantage of the shorter cooldown. Though this only applies to this discussion, which is emergency sorties.

Generally from what I've seen from players running EW in Warfare specifically (this doesn't include the EA36), those players usually perform low score wise, usually because of Fighter craft generally performing better in those modes.
how are you even getting special sorties? ive been clearing the dailies and weeklies and never got a single one.
Originally posted by Bovril Brigadier:
Chandelier is actually alright as it is. Two-three people can carry that mission even if the rest of the team are window lickers. Alicorn is about the only one that feels like it needs an extra minute especially with the ECM at the end putting people in a tough spot.
Most of the teams I had for Chandelier fell under that specific label, myself included.

However, I've played and beaten Ace Combat 6 many times on my Xbox 360 so I know the main song and dance of the fight before I run into the new additions to the fight like the extra cooling units that show up if the core in the barrel is not destroyed in the first pass.

It's like as soon as the core in the barrel is targetable, everyone freaks out as to where to go without realizing they have to fly into the barrel, which is big enough to fit all aircraft in the game, and start pummeling the core in the first pass.
Originally posted by nandes:
how are you even getting special sorties? ive been clearing the dailies and weeklies and never got a single one.

I've gotten one over the past few days. The drop rate seems so small for those missions.
Originally posted by I'm the Cook:
Originally posted by wombat93:

Are the EW aircraft users properly compensated for doing this sort of play? That's giving up a lot of firepower, doing less damage and kills for yourself due to the special weapon slots EW take up.

I've seen a few EW players in Co-Op Warfare and they really do make it harder to deal with their team. But the ones I see never do well in the rankings.

You are usually a top scorer when running EW craft, just due to the ESM/ECM point assist alone. You should be spamming missles during the ESM buff to take advantage of the shorter cooldown. Though this only applies to this discussion, which is emergency sorties.

Generally from what I've seen from players running EW in Warfare specifically (this doesn't include the EA36), those players usually perform low score wise, usually because of Fighter craft generally performing better in those modes.

Thanks, interesting.

It's just yesterday I was in a Co-Op Warfare / PvPvE game. I saw the other team had an EA-6B and I was trying to kill him. But it was hard because several of his team was protecting him haha
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50