Half-Life 2: Deathmatch

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch

windows hl2dm 64-server
I set up a server not using the 64, I set it up normaly, All the plugins work, every teleport worked. set up another hl2dm normal server using the 64, none of the teleports worked at all. So what i am guessing is that the trouble is only on 64 but works on all sm 32. I cant use 32 for my dll, it only works using my 64, so either i use the 32 without the made .dll and all works, or i use the 64 for my dll and just do without some stuff working for sourcemod, what do you guys think? the 64 is where all the npcs work,,but on the 32 they do not,,,,so much to think about. what do you guys think?
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Are the teleports SM based? In my mapping experience, only maps compiled in 64 bit would be unable to work on 32 bit server binaries, while maps compiled from 32-bit hammer always worked on 64 bit servers as well.

And while it is possible to get a 32 bit binary working for all clients, it would probably be better in the long-haul to try and re-work your plugins to work with the new 64 bit binary. Henky's 32 bit binary uses a custom codebase that's a fork of old SM builds, as I think he's mentioned before. So without older SM builds, you can't really get your 32 build to work how you want.
Originally posted by The New Guy™:
Are the teleports SM based? In my mapping experience, only maps compiled in 64 bit would be unable to work on 32 bit server binaries, while maps compiled from 32-bit hammer always worked on 64 bit servers as well.

And while it is possible to get a 32 bit binary working for all clients, it would probably be better in the long-haul to try and re-work your plugins to work with the new 64 bit binary. Henky's 32 bit binary uses a custom codebase that's a fork of old SM builds, as I think he's mentioned before. So without older SM builds, you can't really get your 32 build to work how you want.
I (a week or so ago) had it working on my 64, (the one in the x64 folder), i seen a update was done sm, and now only the teleport stuff do not work, i can spawn stuff and every thing else, but the goto or bring even as admin says it works but does not. thats when i went and made a new steamcmd and use it without going in the x64 folder, all works and thats normal dll, but did not work on the x64 one. i use srcds_win64.exe on my start.bat for my x64 to work, if i try to add that dll the the one before the x64 folder, it wont work at all. Using SourceMod on 64‑bit Systems
SourceMod now has full 64‑bit support in version 1.12, and you can install it the same way as on 32‑bit — just make sure you use the latest stable build and match it with the correct Metamod:Source version, still did not work even tho i did what it said. but remember its just the teleport kind of stuff,,all other plugins work great.
Originally posted by The New Guy™:
Are the teleports SM based? In my mapping experience, only maps compiled in 64 bit would be unable to work on 32 bit server binaries, while maps compiled from 32-bit hammer always worked on 64 bit servers as well.

And while it is possible to get a 32 bit binary working for all clients, it would probably be better in the long-haul to try and re-work your plugins to work with the new 64 bit binary. Henky's 32 bit binary uses a custom codebase that's a fork of old SM builds, as I think he's mentioned before. So without older SM builds, you can't really get your 32 build to work how you want.

Its a bit different, I don't use a forked sourcemod 1.10 and I caused some confusion saying I am still on the 32-bit engine because I forgot public 32-bit engine servers still exist. What I meant is that I am still on the 2015 version of the game. That is why for me the legacy stuff all works fine. Just going to 32-bit probably won't do the trick, but maybe it helps?
Originally posted by Bouncy-|Henky‼|-TTC:
Originally posted by The New Guy™:
Are the teleports SM based? In my mapping experience, only maps compiled in 64 bit would be unable to work on 32 bit server binaries, while maps compiled from 32-bit hammer always worked on 64 bit servers as well.

And while it is possible to get a 32 bit binary working for all clients, it would probably be better in the long-haul to try and re-work your plugins to work with the new 64 bit binary. Henky's 32 bit binary uses a custom codebase that's a fork of old SM builds, as I think he's mentioned before. So without older SM builds, you can't really get your 32 build to work how you want.

Its a bit different, I don't use a forked sourcemod 1.10 and I caused some confusion saying I am still on the 32-bit engine because I forgot public 32-bit engine servers still exist. What I meant is that I am still on the 2015 version of the game. That is why for me the legacy stuff all works fine. Just going to 32-bit probably won't do the trick, but maybe it helps?
ya, i did not know that steam/valve went 64-bit reader now, it used to be my dll would still read in 32,,but now they read both, so like he said above,,i have to remake my plugins for 64-bit reader. Thank you guy,,you are alot of help even tho you might not think so,,ty.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50